Our spring festival at our Blak Markets on Bare Island this Sunday 29 September 2019 will feature the arts and crafts of 18 Aboriginal stallholders selling everything from native plants to award wining jewelry to silk scarves featuring Aboriginal design.
As always there’s a wonderful Festival line up of both contemporary and cultural performances – this market featuring dance performances by Ngambaa Dhalaay Dancers, free interactive session for the kids with Larry Brandy Storytellers and weaving workshops with Auntie Karleen Green. Up and coming Social Rap singer, Chloe Quayle will also be doing two rap performances.
The Blak Markets are a great chance to buy authentic unique gifts knowing that 100% of the profits go back into Aboriginal communities.
The Blak Markets takes place at Bare Island within the Kamay-Botany Bay National Park with the support of the NSW Parks and Wildlife Service and Randwick City Council.
- 9:30 Gates open
- 10:00 Weaving workshop begin
- 10:30 Welcome to Country by Auntie Barb Simms
- 10:45 Ngambaa Dhalaay Dancers
- 11.00 Social rap with Chloe Quayle
- Midday Larry Brandy storyteller interactive session
- 12:30pm Ngambaa Dhalaay Dancers
- 2:00 Social rap with Chloe Quayle
- 3:00 Gates Closed
Source: Blak Markets