The New South Wales Government has remade the Swimming Pools Regulation 2008.
The new Swimming Pools Regulation 2018 for New South Wales is already in force so make sure you, and your staff, are up to date with all the latest information.
The main changes introduced in the regulation are:
- requiring certifiers to record certificates of non-compliance on the Swimming Pool Register within three days of inspection
- enabling compliance with the BCA using deemed-to-satisfy or performance solution pathways
- requiring occupiers to display a warning notice while a pool is under construction
- providing more flexibility in how spa pools can be secured
- increasing the maximum fee that local authorities can charge for exemption applications
- clarifying the ability for local authorities to charge fees for re-inspections
- minor changes to warning notice requirements.
View the Swimming Pools Regulation 2018 for more information by clicking on the link below.
This article was first published in The Fence magazine.