A 20-year masterplan for West Schofields will include a town centre, new parklands, playing fields and road upgrades.
West Schofields is a new precinct planned for Sydney’s North West Growth Area, located 5 kilometres from Schofields and 10 kilometres from the Blacktown CBD.
A masterplan will guide the development of the community over the next 20 years.
The masterplan includes:
- A new local centre with community facilities, shops and cafés
- Twelve double playing fields
- New footpaths and cycleways
- Protection of Eastern Creek and Bells Creek
- A potential Green Grid throughout the area, with a possible connection to Western Sydney Parklands
- A range of homes to meet the needs of the community.
Residents will live in 4500 dwellings, including 3850 typical homes and 490 higher density homes (villas, townhouses and apartments).
NSW Minister for Planning and Housing Anthony Roberts said the NSW Government was ensuring vital infrastructure is built before people move in.
“Residents will be able to enjoy over 90 hectares of open space including 12 double playing fields and several new local parks under the new plan,” Mr Roberts said.
“We are also catering for and encouraging a healthy and active lifestyle for residents with the inclusion of new footpaths and cycleways to be built alongside new homes.”
This story was first published in The Fence magazine.