Minister for the Arts Don Harwin has announced arts fellowships worth $510,000 for NSW artists to advance their careers.
Twelve fellows have been awarded funding packages, each receiving between $30,000 and $50,000, as part of the Create NSW Arts Fellowships 2017.
Minister Harwin says the 2017 recipients are of the highest calibre.
“The standard of competition for Fellowship applications across the state in 2017 was fiercer than ever and I never envy the judging panel in making their decisions.” Mr Harwin said.
“I am delighted to be able to reward such ambition to arts excellence in NSW and excited to see how their respective plans will inspire others, strengthen the reputation of arts in the state and give back to our wider cultural community.”
The following recipients of Priority Fellowships will each receive $50,000 to undertake self-directed programs of professional development:
- Western Sydney Arts Fellowship – Maria Tran
- NSW Artist with Disability Fellowship – Sarah Houbolt
Mr Harwin also announced the following Artform Fellowships, who will each receive $30,000 in funding:
- NSW Performing Arts Fellowship (Emerging Artist) – Rhiannon Newton
- NSW Performing Arts/Music Fellowship (Mid-Career/Established Artist) – Cat Jones
- Peter Sculthorpe Music Fellowship (Emerging Composer) – Rhyan Clapham
- NSW Writer’s Fellowship – Stephen Pham
- NSW History Fellowship – Minna Muhlen-Schulte
Source: NSW Government