City residents are invited to enjoy a free reptile show, barbeque and live music at the many City of Sydney Good Neighbourhood BBQs in October and November 2017.
The family friendly events are open to all ages and pets are also welcome. Crocodile Encounters will wow the crowds with a reptile show featuring snakes, crocs and lizards.
Local police will be on hand to provide expert advice to residents on community safety and crime prevention in the area, while City staff will share information about community facilities, services and events.
“It may seem odd to be inviting crocodiles to a community BBQ on neighbourhood safety, but we always make sure our neighbourhood barbecues have something for everyone, no matter their age or interests,” Lord Mayor Clover Moore said.
“It’s a fantastic way to meet your neighbours, speak with local police and learn about the many City services available, while the kids meet some reptiles – in a controlled and safe environment, of course.
“These popular local events help us build more inclusive and safer communities.”
City of Sydney Good Neighbourhood BBQs:
- Sunday 22 October 2017, 11am–2pm, Harry Noble Reserve, Swanson Street, Erskineville
- Wednesday 25 October 2017, 5pm–8pm, Giba Park, Point Street, Pyrmont
- Sunday 29 October 2017, 11am–2pm, Lillian Fowler Reserve, Angel Street, Newtown
- Wednesday 1 November 2017, 5pm–8pm, Waterloo Green, Raglan Street, Waterloo
- Sunday 5 November 2017, 11am–2pm, Shannon Reserve, Crown Street, Surry Hills
- Wednesday 8 November 2017, 5pm–8pm, Tote Park, Grandstand Parade, Zetland
- Sunday 12 November 2017, 11am–2pm, Albert Sloss Reserve, Palmer Street, Darlinghurst
- Wednesday 15 November 2017, 5pm–8pm, Chelsea Street Playground, Chelsea Street, Surry Hills
- Sunday 19 November 2017, 11am–2pm, St James Park, Woolley Street, Glebe
Source: City of Sydney